At ProCare Denture Clinic, we offer Free Consultations to help you determine if your dentures should be replaced or relined.
WHY SHOULD YOU REPLACE YOUR DENTURES?
Your face, jaw and oral tissues change over the years, but your dentures do not. Your dentures are made of a hard plastic material and cannot adapt to the changes that occur in your mouth. Another reason is that most denture teeth are made of plastic and wear out over time. Eventually the teeth flatten out and chewing efficiency is poor.
Here are some of the signs indicating that your dentures should be checked for replacement:
- sore and irritated gums
- problems with chewing certain foods, indigestion problems
- nausea and gagging
- thinning lips, sagging mouth, a change in facial features
- the dentures are loose, falling out when speaking or laughing
- the denture is discolored or has an odor
- softening of the tissues in the mouth
- headaches, neck, or ear pain
- bone (ridge) loss (shrinking of the gums)
- your denture is kept in your pocket most of the time
These changes happen gradually, making it difficult to notice over time. Since your appearance and comfort are compromised the longer you delay replacing your dentures, it is important that denture patients visit their Denturist for an annual check up to determine if any treatment in the near future is required.
Visit ProCare Denture Clinic today for your Free Consultation.